DCLM Daily Manna – God Has Your Interests Covered

Pastor W. F. Kumuyi

DCLM Daily Manna 5 February 2024 Devotional By Pastor W. F. Kumuyi — God Has Your Interests Covered

TOPIC: God Has Your Interests Covered (DCLM Daily Manna 5 February 2024)

KEY VERSE: “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you” (John 16:7).

TEXT: John 16:5-15 (KJV)

5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

MESSAGE:

Sometimes, fear and uncertainty may creep into the believer’s heart, especially when facing difficult times. He may wonder whether he has not missed his way; whether what he has believed all along was actually the truth. He may begin to question all he had held dear in faith. Worse still, he may not speak up about the turmoil in his heart.

Today’s text reveals how Jesus, as He approached the end of His earthly ministry, began to reassure His disciples that whatever fears they harboured within were unnecessary. He first warned them about the persecution to come from those who neither knew Him nor the Father. This prior notice was to reassure them that He knew all things and that He had made provision to cater for them. He had spoken to them about His departure, but none of them could ask Him about it. Instead, sorrow had filled their hearts.

Now, He needed to reassure them that His departure would open up greater possibilities for them. For, it is only when He was gone that He would send the Holy Spirit to comfort, teach them the truth about Christ, help them live in practical righteousness and guide them in all their dealings. While on earth, Jesus could only be with them in one place at a time, but with the Holy Spirit, His presence would be with them everywhere.

Fear is a potent tool in the hand of the devil. He uses it to confuse and captivate anyone who allows uncertainty into his life. Whatever the situation, you should know that you are not alone. Therefore, rest in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, recognising that God has your best interests covered.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
“Best of all”, says John Wesley, “God is with us”.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Deuteronomy 13-16

Deeper Life Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.

The post DCLM Daily Manna – God Has Your Interests Covered appeared first on Gospel Music.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url